Today (Sunday) I worked on the set for most of the day. I got out at 4pm and spent the evening with Jenny and June.
My creative project this evening was easy because I knew I had a screen-printing meeting to go to. My buddy Dean has been acquiring the tools one needs to do screen-printing for a while and the workshop is now close to being set-up. Dean and I and a group of his friends are starting a small artists collective. The truth is, Dean and his mates are really professional graphic artists and I am just sort of feeling my way through it all. But it’s all good. Once I’m up to speed I feel like I’ll be contributing more worthwhile pieces.
Now that I have one screen-print under my belt I am super excited to do my next one. I didn’t know what picture to use for my print so I decided to select a drawing from a previous project. I chose my drawing from Day 179. The colors are not exactly what I was hoping for but that was my own mistake. I decided to paint the background purple before I even knew what kind of screen-printing inks we had.
It turned out that we had mostly primary colors. I opted for the red at first because I thought yellow and purple might look too cadbury egg-like. The red wasn’t popping so I did another pass with the yellow. After the yellow was added I started to like the image a little better.
I’m not such a fan of the the final product but the experience was invaluable. I now know what to expect and I’m excited to try out different combinations of things. It’s time for me to collect up a more muted palette of inks and get to work designing some interesting images.
|Content and site protected by Cloudsafe365|